A fence is installed for various reasons in a home, school, farm, business premises etc. It provides security, privacy, demarcating property lines, aesthetics and so on. Fence installation can be done in a step by step process to come up with a superior fence installed appropriately. There are various steps for different fence types, but the steps below are universal and can be followed in installing any fence type.
PLANNING THE FENCE INSTALLATION
Planning ensures that the whole process of fence installation is smooth and economical. Planning will depend on the purpose of the fence to be installed. A precise, step by step planning process will save time and resources. For example, if a fence is installed for security reasons, then it should be sturdy and conceal the property from vandals and robbers. Planning includes the following:
• Decide whether you shall install a permanent or temporary fence. Permanent fences are well constructed using high quality and durable materials. Temporary fences are used for a short period of time and are less expensive.
• Fencing materials are then chosen according to one’s preference. The materials can be chosen from the many types available such as aluminum, wood, chain link, steel, concrete, and vinyl.
• Consult the relevant companies to locate utility lines to avoid extra costs from damages. Secure permits and other requirements.
• Gates and lanes can then be located. Consider locating lanes appropriately to prevent gullies formation.
• Draft a budget factoring in the materials to be used, labor, transport cost etc.
With the step by step process, fence installation can be done by oneself. This depends on the materials used. For example, wood, chain link, and vinyl.
However, some fencing materials such as steel require professionals to install. Concrete also require more than one person to install a fence, especially in setting the fencing posts.
FENCE INSTALLATION PROCESS
A precise step by step process is also key to installing a durable fence. This can be done as follows:
• Set your fence posts in the corners of your field. Ensure that you plumb the posts.
• Pull a twine between the posts. This will guide you as you mark out all the other posts.
• Measure and determine the location of the other posts.
• Dig holes on the locations indicated.
• Install the other posts and backfill with the materials of your choice, such as gravel, packed earth, or concrete. Concrete is more effective and stronger.
• If necessary, brace your posts to ensure support.
• Attach the horizontal rails or preassembled panels.
Looking to install a durable fence to last a lifetime? Knoxville Fence Pros in Knoxville TN town installs maintenance-free fences suited to your needs and preferences. It is the most trusted company in Knoxville to provide state of the art fencing services.
A durable and outstanding fence is installed by an ideal fence installation step by step process. By following all the steps painstakingly, you can install a quality fence that will last for years. Proper preparation and execution are key to install a good fence.