FENCE INSTALLATION AND REPAIR
The importance of fence installation cannot be overemphasized. This is due to the various benefits they bring once installed in your property. They can be used to mark boundary lines, enhance security and privacy, aesthetics and so on. One installed, fences need maintenance and repairs. If the repairs are done promptly, they save further costs and inconveniences.
Fence installation can be done using a variety of materials. Depending on the materials used, there are various types of fences such as:
• Board fences are strong and cost higher to build and maintain.
• Electric fences can be installed as permanent or temporary fences. When properly installed, they are very effective.
• High tensile fences are more popular as one of the permanent fences. Its durability and elasticity make it able to withstand pressure from heavy impact like animals leaning against them. They can be used with electricity to make them more effective.
• Barbed wire fences are inexpensive compared to other types. Installation can also be done successfully by one person.
This can be done by yourself if the fence damage is not extensive. Hiring a professional contractor may be an option if the work is extensive or unique materials are used. For example, sometimes a welder may be required for an aluminum fence fixing.
Fences need maintenance once installed. By scheduled inspection of your fence, you will be able to identify repair concerns before they become worse. You can also have a maintenance programme which will save your money from repair costs.
Some repair tips include the following:
• Weak posts should be replaced. Posts weaken due to rot, loosened soil, damage and impact of wind and storms.
• Tighten loosened wires properly. Broken wires should be spliced. Over time, wires loosen due to seasonal changes, loosened posts, and damage.
• Loose screws and nails should be refastened or removed and replaced.
• A sagging gate may be caused by weakened posts. A small wheel can be put at the gate’s latch. The wheel takes the weight and supports the gate. The gate’s hinges should be oiled to curb rusting.
• For some fences, specialized repair methods can be used. Examples include:
• For a wooden fence, discoloration, splintering, and warping are signs that the fence needs repair. Patch cracks or holes in the fence using a wood filler or putty. If the damage is severe, the affected posts and rails should be replaced.
• In case of vinyl cracking, the affected panel or picket should be replaced.
• For aluminum, it can also be done by replacement of the damaged section.
Fence installation, repair, and maintenance have never been made outstanding than the one done through the workmanship from Knoxville Fence Pros. Located in Knoxville TN town, the company has professionals who offer quality fencing services to cater for all fencing needs on time.
Fence installation can be done in a superb manner on your property. Over time, the fences naturally deteriorate, albeit slowly. Therefore, to ensure your fence lasts long, proper maintenance and timely repairs are essential.
Comments are closed.
Everyday 8:30am to 7:30pm