Fences can be installed for many reasons such as security, privacy, marking property lines and aesthetics. Fence installation for dummies can be done with some considerations in mind. Animals usually rub on structures and fences. They can also escape or attacked by predators. Therefore, the animals involved require specific fences to be installed. With some good specifications, one can install a fence to suit a specific animal.
FENCE INSTALLATION FOR DIFFERENT ANIMALS
Fencing considerations depend on the various types of animals involved. The materials chosen will also differ. Special requirements are needed for different animals as outlined below:
• Aggressive animals require sturdy fences compared to the docile ones. If an electric fence is used, an aggressive animal like a bull may need extra shock on the wires.
• For horses, the most ideal fences include woven wire and board fences. For the wires, a single board should be used at the top for the horses to see the fence. If you choose an electric fence or bare wire, the fence posts can be kept close together so that the horse does not become entangled in the wire strands. Ribbons, electric tapes, or other material can be hung on the wire for visibility as well.
• Sheep and goats’ fences need not be as tall as for the large animals. If an electric fence is used, 4-6 strands of wire are ideal. Electric fences are also important to keep off predators. A barbed wire fence is not ideal for sheep.
• Cattle require a fence height with a minimum of 54 inches. Since most fences are ideal for cattle, fence installation can be done using one of the many types available.
• Pigs’ fences should be sturdy. The fences should be built starting from six inches from the ground, to prevent the pigs from rooting then escaping. The fences should not be tall, a maximum of 54 inches.
FENCING OFF PREDATORS
• Fence installation is also suitable to deter predators and other unwelcome animals from one’s field.
• Different fence types can be used. If a wooden fence is used, gaps and holes in the boards should be small to give protection against dogs, foxes, and other predators.
• Tall fences can also prevent predators which can jump over. An animal such as a deer can be deterred by constructing a tall fence which is more than six feet high. The fence should also be constructed close to the ground.
• To prevent smaller animals, wire spacing should be close.
Knoxville Fence Pros in Knoxville TN town is a fencing company with a team of professionals with many years in the fence installation work. This has earned the company the trust from happy customers who got customized and personalized fencing services.
Fence installation for dummies can, therefore, be done successfully with the right kind of fence selected. This also depends on the animals involved - those confined and the predators. With proper installation, your animals will remain safe and secure and the fence can last longer as well.