Fence Installation on Concrete
Fence installation on concrete is different from a standard installation. Digging is not required in a concrete slab. For the fence to remain upright and firm, this installation needs to be done correctly. Post brackets are fastened onto the concrete using concrete screws or anchors. The posts are then fastened to the post brackets. The rail or fence boards are then attached to the posts.
Materials and Tools Required
The materials to be used is dependent upon one’s choice, cost, availability and so on. There are various materials to choose from, for example, aluminum, vinyl, wood, metal and chain link.
Tools to be used include a drill, spirit level, hammer drill, fence post, concrete fixing bolts, ratchet set, adjustable spanner, masonry drill bits, fence base post support.
The following steps can be used in fence installation on concrete:
• Mark a line on the slab indicating the posts’ outer faces. Use a twine tightened along the line. Use a tape measure and mark the position of each post.
• Post brackets can then be aligned along the line. The positions of screw holes are then marked on the slab’s surface from the brackets’ bottom.
• Screw holes can then be bored for each post.
• Post brackets are secured into the slabby driving screws in all screw holes of a post bracket.
• On the bottom of each post, bore a hole in line with the bolt hole on the bracket.
• The fence post should then be hoisted into the bracket. Use a bolt to fasten the post into the bracket. The bolt is run through the bracket and the post until it protrudes on the other end of the bracket. It is then fastened by placing a washer then a nut, after which it is tightened.
• Thereafter, horizontal rails or fence boards are then attached to the posts.
However, fence installation on concrete may differ in methods. Some materials used may warrant the use of different approaches. For example, aluminum fence installation can involve the following:
On a level or near level ground, welded flanges can be used. If the ground is near level, shimming can be used as well. They are made to fit each post’s base, after which they are welded to the base.
Alternatively, the concrete surface can be cored then fencing posts are installed into the holes by re-cementing. This needs to be well executed and it can produce a durable fence installation. The coring should be done by experts.
Planning to fence your property?
Knoxville Fence Pros in Knoxville TN town has a solution. We offer cost-effective fencing solutions done by our top-notch professionals to install fences that last a lifetime.
Fence installation on concrete can, therefore, be done effectively with proper preparation and planning. Then the posts will remain firm, upright and secure. Proper steps and suitable materials are the prerequisites of an outstanding fence. Also, depending on the materials to be used, different approaches can sometimes be employed depending on suitability and one’s innovation.
Comments are closed.
Everyday 8:30am to 7:30pm