FENCE INSTALLATION ON SLOPE
Fence installation on a slope is possible when the right methods are used. In a rugged or steep terrain, fencing may become a challenge due to changing grades. In that case, two methods are available for you to choose from in order to fence your property. These are raking (also known as parallel) and stepping methods.
FENCING MATERIALS AND CHOICE OF SUITABLE METHODS
There are different kinds of materials that can be used during fence installation on a slope. Examples are wood, vinyl, aluminum, and chain link. When choosing materials for using on your fence, you will find that there are some materials which are more suitable for a specific method than the other. For example, aluminum and chain link fences are appropriate in a raking method.
If you have preassembled panels, then stepping method will be more ideal. If your materials are loose components, then it will be better to use a parallel method. In the same context, if the slope is gentle, you can use either method. However, stepped fencing is more appropriate on a very steep slope.
This method is most appropriate on shallow slopes.
• During your fence installation on a slope, one can follow the land’s contour. In doing so, each picket should be staggered along the contour.
• The pickets are then attached separately. With this, the height of your fence will remain uniform. Horizontal rails are then fitted to the pickets and the posts. The rails should be parallel to the ground. They are fitted at an angle.
• The pickets should be set plumb. This will prevent you from leaving gaps beneath the fence. In addition, this prevents pets from escaping or unwanted animals passing through the gaps.
• The height of the fence will remain the same regardless of the slope.
• This is the best method for use in places with steep slopes. You can use preassembled panels or start from the scratch using rails.
• To begin with, install the posts plumb. Then as you progress upslope or downslope, the panel or post should be lower or higher.
• The rails or preassembled panels should be perpendicular to the pickets.
• Longer posts will be needed on the slope due to the extra height. Each post should be cut individually, in line with the slope at a specific spot.
• When completed, the fence will have a staircase look, decreasing or increasing with the grade.
• Your fence will have gaps underneath each panel. These gaps need to be filled to prevent unwelcome animals from passing through the fence, and to confine your pets or children.
Knoxville Fence Pros in Knoxville TN town is a fencing company with top-notch skills in fencing, and experience spanning many years. It installs quality fences that are long-lasting and customized to your fencing needs.
Fence installation on slope utilizes your yard which can be rugged or gently sloping, with a suitable fence for each grade of land. With a careful selection of an appropriate method, you can still enjoy your sloppy terrain with its aesthetic appeal, and have it fenced to secure your property and meet all your fencing needs.
Comments are closed.
Everyday 8:30am to 7:30pm