Fencing provides one with privacy, security, aesthetics etc. Fencing posts are important as they determine the quality of your fence. Concrete posts are sturdier and long lasting than other varieties. They are strong and can be used with other fence materials such as timber. Once kept in good condition, they can last decades without replacements. Fence installation with concrete posts once complete can bring more benefits compared to other fence posts.
ADVANTAGES OF CONCRETE POSTS
There are various advantages to be gained from fence installation with concrete fence posts. These include:
• One has the option of mixed fencing. Concrete posts can be installed then a chain link, wood or aluminum fence attached.
• Concrete posts are sturdier. Therefore, they are more likely to withstand impacts from forces such as destruction from wildlife or strong winds.
• The concrete posts can last long if kept in a good condition. This saves much cost of repair in the future.
• If the posts are slotted, then it will be easier to fit fencing panels into them. Also, replacing panels will be convenient.
• In places with a lot of water or high humidity, it is more suitable since it will not deteriorate.
DISADVANTAGES OF CONCRETE POSTS
• They are heavier and therefore require more than one person to install. A fence post driver can be used to simplify the process of installing the post.
• Concrete posts are more expensive to install. One should dig deep holes to fix the posts.
For a Do-it-Yourself person, fence installation with concrete posts will not be possible. More than one person is needed in the fixing of the posts to the ground. This is because concrete is very heavy. However, after the post setting, attaching the rails and panels can be done by oneself if the rails and panels are made of other materials.
A good fencing company comes in handy to assist in your fence installation with concrete. Knoxville Fence Pros is a smart company in Knoxville TN town. It provides top-notch fencing services with all types of fencing including fencing materials available.
HOW TO INSTALL CONCRETE POSTS
The following steps can be followed during your fence installation with concrete posts:
• Holes are dug. The depth of the holes should be about 2.5 feet for every 6-foot post. Therefore, your post should be about 2.5 feet longer than the desired fence height.
• Set the concrete posts while plumbing them.
• Pour a mixture of cement, sand and ballast or postfix around the post. It should be poured at the base of the post inside the hole.
• Wait for the cement to harden before attaching rails or panels.
• Attach the rails or fence panels.
Fence installation with concrete posts, therefore, results in a sturdy fence with a guaranteed longevity. This is so the installation is done right and the fence kept in good condition. With various advantages attached to the concrete fence posts, it is evident that it is the best as far as durability is concerned. Mixing with other materials for rails and panels is possible to fit one’s preference and choice.